As usually, at the end of the season we have time to wrote on the blog and focus on new trends. There are traditions that are timeless, but trends can set your day apart from the rest.
Always remember that at the end of the day, this is your wedding and the goal should be a wedding you will love in 50 years. Find a balance between trends that reflect your personality and traditional timeless elements.
In general, couples want their guests to notice the effort they put into the wedding planning. It is about personalising the wedding, about what the guests mean to the couple.
Here is what we can expect next year:
– Mix of vintage and new
– Geometric shapes,vintage cut glass
– bold, bright colour of flowers
– wreaths made from eukalyptus, wild flowers or wispy grasses
– Hanging flowers – couples are focusing on ceiling treatments and keep their tables simple
– Colourful wedding bouquets and arrangements, oversized arrangements
– cascading bouquets – 80´s trend, when everything was big, is back. A bit decadent, from chic elegant to bohemian wild.
– Foliage will create natural woodland look and is also easier on the budget
– Dahlia – new hot flower that comes in many colours and is available from May to November
– 3D floral, romantic flowers
– extravagant wedding capes – chic flowing capes are a huge trend
– black accents gives a modern monochromatic twist that will add drama to your day.
– plunging necklines are perfect for brides who want to show some skin, elegant deep v-necklines are offset with long sleeves and gorgeous 3D detailing
– split skirt – perfect for bohemian brides, mix and match top and skirts to create different look for ceremony and reception
– sheer to be sex
– sleeves of all shapes and sizes – from 80s-style to tailored lace sleeves
– feathers – wearable way to do drama
– off-the-shoulder – perfect for brides who just don’t fancy strapless
– something blue – pale blue
– red – for off-beat brides
FOOD AND DRINKS
– Food is very important for the couples – they are looking for an unusual ways of presentation – sharing plates, food vans, interactive appetizer stations
– creative desserts – ice cream sandwiches, popsicles
– International cuisine – Mexican, Japanese inspired cuisine – tacos, sushi etc
– Mobile bars – use vintage camper to create funky mobile bar, combine Prosecco, beer and gin and your party will never ends
– Street food and alternate catering companies will give you options like gourmet burgers, hot dog stations etc
– Picnic hampers – new afternoon tea. Simply add picnic classics like scotch eggs, crisps and salads into hamper and give one to each table
CAKES AND SWEETS
– The new trend is nearly naked cakes – thin scraping of butterceam form the outside
– Instead of having one big cake, couples are going for a range of smaller cakes in different flavours
– Doughnuts – donuts will be sticking around as one of the major trends for 2018
– The invitation is the first glimpse your guests will see. Important is to choose invitation that complements your wedding theme, here are some newest trends
– Dark and metallic – metallic shades are very popular in wedding décor, together with copper and marmor
– Watercolor – elegant, soft and romantic look of watercolor is one of the styles couples love
– Marble – one of the most popular trends is now seen everywhere in the design, available in classical grey, evergreen, dusty rose, taupe
– Monograms – traditional wedding décor has been popular for many years, now surrounded by graphic from floral to regal crests.
– Geometric and calligraphy – marble imagery added, clean look, geo frame
COLOURS AND DESIGN
– navy, dark blue, midnight blue – used for invitation, bridesmaid dresses, looks great when paired with a range of other colours
– silver and chrome – instead of gold and rose gold which have been popular for the past few years, couples are using silver and chrome
– people want a lot of details, something different on various elements – assorted linens, different tabletops, wax seals on menus
– woodsy look replacing rustic – lot of greenery, wooden details, incl. invitations, table numbers, chargers
– marble & copper – top in the home décor now, but chic pairing for weddings too
– geometric shapes – unexpected and cool addition to the decor
– edison bulbs – trend that was already in 2017 will bring you warm light also next year, looks great under bearns or clusatered together
– ribbon backdrops – fun way to give a pop of your colour theme to the top table or photo booth
– venues with lots of windows and glass
ACRYLIC AND TRANSPARENCY
– ideal for minimalistic couples who like clean lines
– trend evoking sheer delight. Amazing look is created when acrylic substitutes paper – escort cards, ceremony aisles, seating, menu. Acrylic can be also incorporated into woodsy style or art deco, by using right way.
– you will really wow your guests by sending them an acrylic invitation – classy, elegant and formal – combine with leaves or add gold confetti to your blitz theme
– skip individual program and display the schedule on an acrylic sign
– name cards – perfect option for smaller partiess – can be done in geometric shapes, hanging from the ceiling for eclectic vibe, place them into the champagne flute or just place them on a satin tablecloth or lace runner
– menus – try to switch things up – place flower or greenery underneath the menu instead of placing it on the top as usually
– simple and lovely table numbers – just a square with calligraphy
– return to formality – formal with a bit of whimsical, cleaner florals, classic tuxedos
– couples want incredible experience to their guests, are finding ways how to entertain them
– slogans – let your wedding accessories do the talking – from clutch bags to leather jackets
– wedding hashtags – great way to colate your wedding on social media. Simply create hashtag and make sure it is shared on the invitations and around your venue
Hope you enjoyed this article and maybe found some inspiration. As mentioned at the beginning, never forget that this is your wedding and do what you fell and love.